dailysudoku.com Forum Index dailysudoku.com
Discussion of Daily Sudoku puzzles

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Displaying Monster Puzzles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku Monster puzzles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ksquilter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Displaying Monster Puzzles Reply with quote

When I select the monster puzzle, it doesn't display itself... just a little box with an "x" inside it. When try to show the puzzle, I get a blank page... adobe doesn't open any page. Is anyone else having this problem?
Patti in Kansas
David Bryant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: It hasn't happened to me, but .... Reply with quote

I haven't had this problem at all, Patti.

I'm curious about your computer, operating system, and version of Adobe Reader. Are you on a Mac? Windows machine? Linux? What version of the Adobe Reader?

Presumably the "classic" puzzles work OK for you -- is that correct?

I want to try to help you, but a bit more information is needed. dcb
ksquilter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Displaying Monster Puzzle Reply with quote

My system is ancient... Windows 98. I was able to display the monsters up until about a week ago, and I can display the classics. I'm pretty sure I have the most current version of adobe, but I'd guess that's not the problem since I can display the classics.
Hummm? Thanks for your response.
samgj
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Displaying Monster Puzzle Reply with quote

ksquilter wrote:
My system is ancient... Windows 98. I was able to display the monsters up until about a week ago, and I can display the classics. I'm pretty sure I have the most current version of adobe, but I'd guess that's not the problem since I can display the classics.
Hummm? Thanks for your response.

Hi Patti

I get occasional reports of problems like this with acrobat that worked last week and doesn't this, or can open old puzzles but not today's. All the puzzles have the same pdf structure, so I don't understand why this should be be, but it may well be a subtlety of my pdfs that I haven't figured. All these problems have so far have gone away with an update to the latest version of acrobat reader -- I know this shouldn't be necessary, but give it a go anyway, even if you think you're up-to-date. If it doesn't fix the problem then bug me again either here or by email.

Sam
Cathy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might try deleting your temporary internet files -- that sometimes helps with flaky problems.
David Bryant

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: I can reproduce Patti's problem Reply with quote

Hi, Patti!

I usually use Linux on my dual-boot machine. But today I brought it up as Win98 for a while, and checked out your complaint.

Using MSIE 6.0 SP1 (and Adobe Reader 6.0.1) I reproduced your problem. The .pdf page wouldn't load, and I got the red x (a "broken graphic" symbol from Microsoft).

I didn't have this problem with my other browsers. I still can't get plugins like Adobe to run under the Firefox browser, but I was able to load the page no problem, then save it to disk and open it with the reader locally. My old Netscape 7.0 browser brought the page up OK via the plugin, although I had to kick it a little (ask for "view page source") before it would go. But I couldn't get Internet Explorer to work -- nohow, noway.

I didn't try going backwards in the archive to check if the problem occurs with the first "monster" puzzle, or if it maybe started up with the first 16x16 puzzle (the one where the "0"s wouldn't print). I'll try that tomorrow. In the meantime, if you have Netscape on your machine you might want to try using that. dcb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    dailysudoku.com Forum Index -> Daily Sudoku Monster puzzles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: